Athletes are special, unique and deserve the best!
We have two programs built from the ground up and incorporating the best of the performance and physical therapy worlds to make Athletes not just stronger, agile, mobile and fast, but also less injury prone!
1. Student-Athlete Program
- athletes should have access to cutting edge-knowledge AND first rate coaching!
- cookie cutter programs are ridiculous!
- we have an obligation to keep our kids safe and improve upon their God-given athletic abilities!
- a positive, inspiring culture which emphasizes a sound mind in a strong body is the bed-rock for achieving success, not only in sports, but in the everyday game of life!
Because we believe these things, we offer a unique program designed on the principles of movement quality and efficiency in Five Fundamental Pillars:
- Level Change
Exercises are coached and progressed with an eye on quality vs quantity. We believe athletes need to master certain key fundamentals like:
- Glute activation for explosive power
- Core integration for proper execution sans energy leaks
- Body-weight, ground-reaction forces and inertia control
- Self-maintenance for supple muscles and joints
Do you feel the need for speed?
Speed kills right?
Well that cuts both ways because most ACL injuries occur when fast athletes go to cut and don't have the deceleration or control to support the forces and "pop" goes their ACL!
So let's get you faster AND have the ability to stop on a dime, reaccelerate, cut and move like a cheetah!
Excel at mastering the Speed of your Sport!
**Be prepared to work barefoot when in this program!**
Don’t be afraid to leave the athlete you are today behind, so you can become the one you were destined to be tomorrow!
To schedule yourself for either the Student-Athlete Program or Speed of Sport click here.
Additional Benefits of Being Here
At any time an athlete has a tweak during their season, MURC's own Dr. Denny Kolkebeck, DPT can quickly work them into his schedule so they can get back to the sport and activities they love.